Building an email list is essential to the long-term success of your business.
This is because changes to social media algorithms or PPC prices won’t stand in the way of you reaching your audience.
Trouble is, getting started with an email strategy can feel overwhelming. And, if you don’t have a dedicated ‘owner’ they tend to never happen.
We’re going to help you change that.
Our Quick-Start Email Marketing Plan will give you the tools to begin to find success from email.
Quick-Start Email Marketing Plan
To start finding success from email you need to start sending emails, consistently. We recommend clients concentrate on one kind of email to begin with, and that is the nurture email.
This type of email nurture the relationship between your company and your contact list. The purpose of the email is not to close a sale. Instead, it should work hard to get them to open and read.
When those emails pop into your subscriber’s email inbox they remind them that you exist. If you’re clever with the subject title they’ll even be reminded what it is that you do, without even opening to read more.
When you send this nurture email consistently (perhaps fortnightly or monthly) this begins to foster a relationship and build trust.
- Cold leads need relationship developed.
- Hot leads need to strengthen relationship.
- Past customers need to continue relationship.
Email Marketing Content
Your regular nurture email should be about relationship building, with occasional soft sales content.
Here are some tips to inspire you…
- Use your email as a teaching opportunity, to educate your subscribers on things they’ve told you they want to know more about.
- Curate engaging and informative content from multiple sources around a key subject matter, be a hub of information and a valuable resource tool.
- Rally behind your ‘purpose beyond profit’ story, involve your subscribers in your emotive corporate social responsibility activities.
- Highlight new articles from your blog with direct links to read them
- Feature social links and showcase how happy customers are taking to social channels to talk about their experience
- You can showcase your sales messages via a gentle P.S – the important thing is that the main body text is not promoting an offer.
P.S We recently wrote a piece about the challenges businesses large and small tend to face when they start writing content to tell a unique, engaging story. This certainly applies to email marketing. See if you’re in the three circles of content marketing hell and discover how to escape them in this recent blog.
Connect with Jill Willis via LinkedIn