All too often we hear from businesses who have invested heavily in driving traffic to their website. Only to become frustrated because that increase in traffic is not turning into real, actual, live leads. “You can lead a horse to water, and all that…”
Not so! As we explain, their frustration is because landing pages are the key component to converting web site traffic into leads. And they don’t have one.
No landing page…no welcome party. It’s the same as inviting a guest to your party and then turning all the lights out, locking the door and leaving them on the doorstep.
Remember this easy equation:
Landing pages – The proven process
If you’re busy driving visitors to your website, otherwise known as increasing traffic, then it’s likely you’ll be blogging, posting on social media, investing in SEO optimisation and budgeting for Pay Per Click Advertising (PPC).
If these new visitors land on your homepage, and are then required to dig around a bit to find what it was they came to your site for in the first place, then you’re missing a trick.
Think of landing pages as the VIP entrance. Visitors are whisked into a digital welcome lobby and find everything they need all in one place, no matter the stage of the sales cycle they are at.
- Unaware buyers: They’re wondering what this great offer is and who you are. They need explanatory blogs, they want to do some early research
- Interested buyers: These guys already know a bit about the product, or products like it. They’re doing price comparisons, reading more deeply and are on the hunt for case studies.
- Ready to buy: They’ve watched webinars, read white papers, got under the skin of you and your product. Now they’re ready to buy. They need to be able to request a consultation, schedule a meeting, visit the checkout or book a live demo.
The landing page is the repository for this digital content. It gives your marketing campaign, promotional offer, product or service a place to live. Which is why content marketing and landing pages are a match made in heaven. With blogs, eBooks, whitepapers and other content gated behind landing pages, you are in a position of strength. Able to ask visitors to swap their contact information for access to the valuable tools they need.
Landing pages – Even deeper value
We love the intelligence landing pages give to lead nurturing and the step up they give to the sales process. With straight forward marketing automation often used to make laborious and time consuming CRM duties hands free.
Consider these 6 benefits:
- The ability landing pages give to collect lead information
- Segment interested visitors into your CRM system and welcome with an auto responder message
- Inform your sales team, helping them to understand buyer personas, before they reach out with a call or email.
- Track when existing leads re-convert. Identify when a prospect is more engaged with your business and understand the length of the natural sales cycle.
- Place call to actions (CTAs) across the site to encourage even more lead generation
- Audit key metrics linked to marketing performance. Over time gain a deep understanding of how promotional offers compare, how visitors arrive, what they do and how leads convert
We hope you can see the importance of landing pages, and why you should be putting them to good use in marketing campaigns.
If you have an upcoming trade event why not consider creating a landing page to capture interest and nurture leads? Launching a new product or service? Design a landing page with a flash demo and collect lead information using a time restricted promotional discount incentive.
Just remember, the key is to create attractive offers and calls to action that appeal to potential buyers at all levels and to collect data at every step!
Talk to us about smarter commercial content, we’re here to help!