Business owners are still undecided about the value LinkedIn can bring to their B2B sales efforts. In our experience some have tried (albeit half-heartedly) before, others are LinkedIn newbies. So, we explored our 10 tips to LinkedIn success through 2021 and thought we’d share it with you too.
You may well be doing some of these already, others you may have dabbled in without consistency.
It’s also worth considering that there are some new features you may or may not have access to yet, LinkedIn newsletter and Live features. Roll outs coming to your profile so keep track.
Read through, make sure you go all the way to the end, and then pick 3 that you like. Share in the comments below which 3 you are going to work on.
#1 Set your 2021 goal. What does success look like for you.
3 KEY MEASUREMENTS:
- Number of connections
- Number of followers
- Content view figures
#2 Refresh your profile
- Rewrite your profile with your ideal client in mind.
- Pepper your profile with links to articles, websites and more…
- Update the ‘featured’ section of your profile with recent case studies and project showcases
#3 Ask a client to recommend you
- Build a list of happy clients
- Draft a short recommendation on their behalf – make like easy for them
- Ask for a recommendation via the link in your profile
#4 Choose your most useful hashtags
- Research using LlinkedIn’s search bar or free online generators such as Hashifyme and All Hashtag
- Look for numbers in the thousands
- Select 5 and then use them in all of your posts through 2021
#5 Create a 3 month content plan
- Pick 1 or 2 killer ‘issues’ that you’ll develop thought leadership around
- research key dates, upcoming events, plot existing project key milestones
- Map out available content that can be repurposed from other sources, this could include your website or blog
#6 Build your target list
- Create a list of your top 20 ideal clients
- Connect with them via linkedin and then follow closely. Get to know what they’re interested in
- Like,comment, share their posts and look for opportunities to pm them
#7 Make time daily & stick to it
- 15-30 minutes a day and a goal review session of 1 hour once per fortnight
- aim to connect with new prospects daily
- view your newsfeed daily, like, comment, share and most importantly, be consistent
#8 Try something new
- WRITE AN ARTICLE THAT ADDRESSES A CHALLENGE YOUR PROSPECTS ARE FACING
- POST A VIDEO THAT GIVES AN INSIGHT INTO YOUR BUSINESS SPECIALISM
- SEND A PROSPECT A PRIVATE MESSAGE AND SHOW THEM YOU UNDERSTAND THEIR BIGGEST PROBLEM (AND CAN FIX IT
#9 Draft a killer outreach message
- Keep it short – 50 words should do it
- Aim to find common ground, save the ‘sales’ for later
- Give them a reason to reply and then keep track
#10 build a personal brand
- Open up about issues that are close to your heart, have an opinion
- Share your personal expertise and become a micro-influencer
- Join a relevant group and be the person who adds the most value
Which #3 will you action first?
Connect with Jill Willis via LinkedIn